Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Sense8 - the show you should watch!

I have a real up and dow relationship with the Wachowskis as filmmakers. Overall I am a huge fan. I think Cloud Atlas is one of the most underrated films of the last decade. While I cringe through the first hour and half of the second Matrix film I quite enjoy the third. I liked Jupiter Ascending more than most but had a hard time with the first half an hour or so.

Sense8 however is the Cloud Atlas Wachowskis making genre defying science fiction that may not be for everyone but seemed perfectly constructed for me. Thought provoking science fiction with multiple characters and storylines that weave together in and out like an insane story web. Sold.

It's on netflix if you have not seen it, you should. Each character, each storyline was worthy of it's own show.

1 comment:

Ken said...

I can certainly empathize with wanting to support a show that caters the LGBT lifestyle choice but am unsure about whether a show that so blatantly expressed Christophobia via hate speech should go without criticism of its lack of tolerance in not celebrating diversity.