Postcards From a Dying World
News, views, book reviews and commentary from the Science Fiction and Horror fiction underground. Home of the Wonderland award nominated author of Vegan Revolution...With Zombies and Boot Boys of the Wolf Reich.
Thursday, May 15, 2014
100 Top Vegan Foods I ate in PDX 2007-14
100 best things I ate in Vegan Portland.
1. The Homegrown smoker macnocheeto
2. Vita Café Sloppy Biscuit sandwich: fried tofu, faux turkey, vegan cheese and gravy between a vegan biscuit served with potatoes
3. Sweet Pea Bakery - All you can eat Bunch (best vegan Biscuits and Gravy ever!)
4. Blossoming Lotus – Vegan four cheese Lasagna
5. Hungry Tiger - Rueben Sammy
6. DC Veg - Philly Cheese Steak
7-8. Back to Eden Sundaes (The Rocky Butte Soft Serve, Walnuts, Dandies Marshmallows & House-made Caramel Sauce or The Mt. Hood Soft Serve, Ginger Cookies, White Chocolate Chips & House-made Caramel Sauce)
9. Kitchen Dances Try Vegan Week bunch special (Reigning Vegan Iron Chef at the time made a full brunch with various options available for 10 bucks)
10. Paradox Café - Tofu Benedict
11. Petunias - Salted Caramel Cookie Bar
12. Blossoming Lotus - Lotus Benedict split biscuit topped with tofu scramble, sausage patties, sliced
tomato, wilted spinach, and chipotle hollandaise, served with roasted potatoes and Steamed greens.
13. It’s a Beautiful pizza – Pesto with teese (RIP)
14. Portabello – Pumpkin Ravioli
15. Paradox – Sweet surrender dark chocolate pancakes
16. Hungry Tiger – Totchos for a $2 upgrade you could order the massive Nacho plate with Tater tots instead. (rumor is they won’t do this anymore)
17. Vita café – Vegan “fish” & chips
18. Dave’s Killer Bread – Sin Dawg
19. Sip - Ginger Berry smoothie
20. Blossoming Lotus – Live Pasta (basically an amazing salad w/Cashew cheese & Pesto)
21. Nature Bake Chocolate chip cookies
22. Hungry Tiger .40 Tofu wings/ $1.00 Vegan Corn Dogs (I know the prices have gone up but 1.50 CDs not on my list)
23. Sudra – Pakora plate ( New all vegan fancy foodie Indian food)
24. Van Hanh - Lemongrass Stick (This huge chunk of deep fried tofu is no longer on the menu, too bad it was amazing.)
24. Hungry Tiger – Ginormous Pancakes/ Tofu n’ Waffles
26. Proper Eats – Happy hour Nachos
27. Vege Thai - Veggie Wrap
28. Fuijan – Grilled Eggplant (AKA Mock ear – RIP)
29. Daily Grind – Vegan Pizza Rolls (RIP)
30. Queen of Sheba - Vegan Platter
31. Daily Grind – 3 scones for a buck. (RIP)
32. Petunias Pecan Sticky Buns
33. Dovetail chocolate Peanut butter whoopee pie
34. Back to Eden Lavender Snickerdoodle.
35. Native Bowl - Alberta Bowl
36. Homegrown Smoker - Crunch McFU: Cajun battered, frito breaded smoked tofu on a grilled bun with tomato, pickle, Buff sauce, garden greens and creamy ranch.
37. Homegrown Smoker – coconut battered deep fried Oreos
38. East Side Deli - Field Roast sub w/ Avocado.
39. Los Gorditoes – Soy Curl fajita burrito
40. Sizzle Pie – Breakfast Tofu scramble hash pizza
41. Voodoo Donut – Portland Crème pie.
42. Laughing Planet – Hempseed cookie
43. Voodoo Donut- Massive apple fritter
44. Dots - Fries with Spicy dipping sauce.
45. Fat Kitty Falafel Sammy
46. El Nutri Taco – enchiladas
47. Mighty- O French Toast donut (Hollywood Whole Foods)
48. Wolf and Bears Falafel and eggplant Sandwich.
49. Gonzo Falafel’s Vegan Swarma fries
50. Sushi Ichiban - in general
51. Laughing Planet – Che Burrito w/Vegan cheese.
52. Mississippi Pizza - Pesto pizza
53. Hot Lips pizza - Cilatro pesto slice
54. Sweet Pea Bakery – Carrot Cake
55. Sweet Pea Bakery – Peanut butter Chocolate cheesecake
56. Food Fight’s nacho cheese pump (RIP)
57. Potato Champion - Vegan Pountine with Teese
58. Black Sheep Bakery – Pumpkin Crumble Bar
59. Loving Hut - Lemon “Chicken”
60. Higher Taste - Golden Slice Sammy
61. Fat Straw Coco-mango smoothie (Coconut milk)
62. Veggie Grill - Onion Rings.
63. Straight from New York pizza Vegan slices
64. Nicolas - Vegan mezza plate.
65. Paradox - French Toast
66. Back space - Vegan philly cheese steak
67. Red and Black - Dragon Bowl (w/ Noodles or Quinoa)
68. Hungry Tiger Hawaii 5-0 veggie burger
69. Sip - Cookies and Cream shake
70. Laughing planet – Snickerdoodle
71. Vege Thai - Pad Thai w/ Soy Chicken.
72. Van Hanh – Kung po combo.
73. Los Gorditoes – Tofu enchiladas
74. Bye and Bye – Mayan bowl
75. Bye and Bye – Chili dog special.
76. Sizzle Pie - Breadsticks w/ Creamy cashew and pesto dip.
77. Veganopolis - Rueben
78. Rudy’s gourmet Pizza – Vegan deep dish
79.Van Hanh – BBQ Steamed bun (stuffed w/ Tofu)
80. Vita Café - $5 Wednesday night “Fish”wich.
81. Vita Café – Thai corncakes (cornmeal pancakes with coconut milk syrup)
82. Hoodas - Zataar Bread
83. Homegrown Smoker – Hush puppies
84. Red and Black – Tempeh Cheesesteak.
85. Vita Café – Tempeh country fried steak.
86. Paradox café – Massive Corn dog
87. Harlow - Live pasta
88. Papa G’s – Salad bar
89. Kale salad – Veggie Grill
90. Native Foods - Oklahoma ‘bacon’ double Cheeseburger
91. Hemp burger – White Owl
92. Indian food carts downtown - $5 five course Indian
93. Hungry Tiger – Nachos
94. Heidi Ho cheese plate
95. Higher taste - BBQ sandwich
96. Tube – Vegan Ham and Cheese Sandwich
97. Sip – Chocolate Peanut butter shake
98. Baghdad - $2 happy hour Cajun tots
99. Sip Green smoothie Greensicle (Kale, spinach, banana and apple)
100. Homegrown Smoker – Mac and no-cheese.