Postcards From a Dying World
News, views, book reviews and commentary from the Science Fiction and Horror fiction underground. Home of the Wonderland award nominated author of Vegan Revolution...With Zombies and Screams From a Dying World
Thursday, May 15, 2014
100 Top Vegan Foods I ate in PDX 2007-14
100 best things I ate in Vegan Portland.
1. The Homegrown smoker macnocheeto
2. Vita Café Sloppy Biscuit sandwich: fried tofu, faux turkey, vegan cheese and gravy between a vegan biscuit served with potatoes
3. Sweet Pea Bakery - All you can eat Bunch (best vegan Biscuits and Gravy ever!)
4. Blossoming Lotus – Vegan four cheese Lasagna
5. Hungry Tiger - Rueben Sammy
6. DC Veg - Philly Cheese Steak
7-8. Back to Eden Sundaes (The Rocky Butte Soft Serve, Walnuts, Dandies Marshmallows & House-made Caramel Sauce or The Mt. Hood Soft Serve, Ginger Cookies, White Chocolate Chips & House-made Caramel Sauce)
9. Kitchen Dances Try Vegan Week bunch special (Reigning Vegan Iron Chef at the time made a full brunch with various options available for 10 bucks)
10. Paradox Café - Tofu Benedict
11. Petunias - Salted Caramel Cookie Bar
12. Blossoming Lotus - Lotus Benedict split biscuit topped with tofu scramble, sausage patties, sliced
tomato, wilted spinach, and chipotle hollandaise, served with roasted potatoes and Steamed greens.
13. It’s a Beautiful pizza – Pesto with teese (RIP)
14. Portabello – Pumpkin Ravioli
15. Paradox – Sweet surrender dark chocolate pancakes
16. Hungry Tiger – Totchos for a $2 upgrade you could order the massive Nacho plate with Tater tots instead. (rumor is they won’t do this anymore)
17. Vita café – Vegan “fish” & chips
18. Dave’s Killer Bread – Sin Dawg
19. Sip - Ginger Berry smoothie
20. Blossoming Lotus – Live Pasta (basically an amazing salad w/Cashew cheese & Pesto)
21. Nature Bake Chocolate chip cookies
22. Hungry Tiger .40 Tofu wings/ $1.00 Vegan Corn Dogs (I know the prices have gone up but 1.50 CDs not on my list)
23. Sudra – Pakora plate ( New all vegan fancy foodie Indian food)
24. Van Hanh - Lemongrass Stick (This huge chunk of deep fried tofu is no longer on the menu, too bad it was amazing.)
24. Hungry Tiger – Ginormous Pancakes/ Tofu n’ Waffles
26. Proper Eats – Happy hour Nachos
27. Vege Thai - Veggie Wrap
28. Fuijan – Grilled Eggplant (AKA Mock ear – RIP)
29. Daily Grind – Vegan Pizza Rolls (RIP)
30. Queen of Sheba - Vegan Platter
31. Daily Grind – 3 scones for a buck. (RIP)
32. Petunias Pecan Sticky Buns
33. Dovetail chocolate Peanut butter whoopee pie
34. Back to Eden Lavender Snickerdoodle.
35. Native Bowl - Alberta Bowl
36. Homegrown Smoker - Crunch McFU: Cajun battered, frito breaded smoked tofu on a grilled bun with tomato, pickle, Buff sauce, garden greens and creamy ranch.
37. Homegrown Smoker – coconut battered deep fried Oreos
38. East Side Deli - Field Roast sub w/ Avocado.
39. Los Gorditoes – Soy Curl fajita burrito
40. Sizzle Pie – Breakfast Tofu scramble hash pizza
41. Voodoo Donut – Portland Crème pie.
42. Laughing Planet – Hempseed cookie
43. Voodoo Donut- Massive apple fritter
44. Dots - Fries with Spicy dipping sauce.
45. Fat Kitty Falafel Sammy
46. El Nutri Taco – enchiladas
47. Mighty- O French Toast donut (Hollywood Whole Foods)
48. Wolf and Bears Falafel and eggplant Sandwich.
49. Gonzo Falafel’s Vegan Swarma fries
50. Sushi Ichiban - in general
51. Laughing Planet – Che Burrito w/Vegan cheese.
52. Mississippi Pizza - Pesto pizza
53. Hot Lips pizza - Cilatro pesto slice
54. Sweet Pea Bakery – Carrot Cake
55. Sweet Pea Bakery – Peanut butter Chocolate cheesecake
56. Food Fight’s nacho cheese pump (RIP)
57. Potato Champion - Vegan Pountine with Teese
58. Black Sheep Bakery – Pumpkin Crumble Bar
59. Loving Hut - Lemon “Chicken”
60. Higher Taste - Golden Slice Sammy
61. Fat Straw Coco-mango smoothie (Coconut milk)
62. Veggie Grill - Onion Rings.
63. Straight from New York pizza Vegan slices
64. Nicolas - Vegan mezza plate.
65. Paradox - French Toast
66. Back space - Vegan philly cheese steak
67. Red and Black - Dragon Bowl (w/ Noodles or Quinoa)
68. Hungry Tiger Hawaii 5-0 veggie burger
69. Sip - Cookies and Cream shake
70. Laughing planet – Snickerdoodle
71. Vege Thai - Pad Thai w/ Soy Chicken.
72. Van Hanh – Kung po combo.
73. Los Gorditoes – Tofu enchiladas
74. Bye and Bye – Mayan bowl
75. Bye and Bye – Chili dog special.
76. Sizzle Pie - Breadsticks w/ Creamy cashew and pesto dip.
77. Veganopolis - Rueben
78. Rudy’s gourmet Pizza – Vegan deep dish
79.Van Hanh – BBQ Steamed bun (stuffed w/ Tofu)
80. Vita Café - $5 Wednesday night “Fish”wich.
81. Vita Café – Thai corncakes (cornmeal pancakes with coconut milk syrup)
82. Hoodas - Zataar Bread
83. Homegrown Smoker – Hush puppies
84. Red and Black – Tempeh Cheesesteak.
85. Vita Café – Tempeh country fried steak.
86. Paradox café – Massive Corn dog
87. Harlow - Live pasta
88. Papa G’s – Salad bar
89. Kale salad – Veggie Grill
90. Native Foods - Oklahoma ‘bacon’ double Cheeseburger
91. Hemp burger – White Owl
92. Indian food carts downtown - $5 five course Indian
93. Hungry Tiger – Nachos
94. Heidi Ho cheese plate
95. Higher taste - BBQ sandwich
96. Tube – Vegan Ham and Cheese Sandwich
97. Sip – Chocolate Peanut butter shake
98. Baghdad - $2 happy hour Cajun tots
99. Sip Green smoothie Greensicle (Kale, spinach, banana and apple)
100. Homegrown Smoker – Mac and no-cheese.
I am a novelist and author of many works of Revolutionary dark fiction. I write in the bizarro, horror and Science Fiction genres. My first short story collection Screams from a Dying World was nominated for a wonderland award. It is available now! My first novel Hunting the Moon Tribe was released by Little Otick books. Hunting The Moon Tribe is a dark kungfu fantasy and monster fest.
My bizarro novel "The Vegan Revolution...With Zombies" has become a cult hit released by the horror cult press Deadite. Upcoming novels include Bootboys of The Wolf-reich, and the Sci-fi novel Goddamn Killing Machines.