Sunday, December 3, 2023

Radio drama/ Audio book Review: No Man's Land (Star Trek: Picard) by Kirsten Beyer and Mike Johnson


 No Man's Land (Star Trek: Picard) by Kirsten Beyer and Mike Johnson

Audible Audio, 2 hours

First published February, 2022

  Technically this was a radio drama, and as such my review will be short, as it is not my thing to  break down radio dramas. Set after the events of Picard Season one. (by the way as a person who has been calling for more Star Trek set in-universe with not Starfleet settings and characters I actually really liked Picard Season one).  The opening scene is a kinda touching flirty dialogue between Rafi and Seven.

 The performances were as good as you could expect, and it is awesome to hear Jeri Ryan and Michelle Hurd doing these scenes. As the story progresses there is some forced dialogue for the format, but it shows how controlled Jeri Ryan is as Seven. Fun little Fenris Ranger story, (my first reaction is I would consider giving up a toe to write Seven Fenris Ranger novels. Just saying Titan books.) I have learned since I listened to this that David Mack was given this job and his next Star Trek novel is exactly that. First in line.

No comments: