Sunday, April 24, 2016

Comic review: Fruitation Written by Anthony Trevino and illustrated by Kai Martin

Fruitation Written by Anthony Trevino and illustrated by Kai Martin

Issue one

(Self Published) 2016 The history of horror comic anthologies is a long one. It is a great way to showcase talent. When you read independently produced comic it is a crap shoot. What you look for is a showcase for talent. The cover alone shows a cool visual style and artistic talent. Kai Martin is a talented artist I never heard of before. In fairness Anthony Trevino the author is a good friend and a partner on a few writing projects. In that sense believe me when I tell you that I believe in him as a writer.

As a concept the comic is a weird tale/ horror anthology. Slickly produced for a indie. The story is interesting, with creepy and disturbing moments. I hope people will support this project as I am excited to read future issues. I know this is a short review but it is a project worth supporting. If you have not already read Anthony Trevino's King Space Void, you must get that as well.

No comments: