Thursday, April 3, 2014

Book Review: Heaven's Fall by David S. Goyer and Michael Cassutt

Heaven's Fall (Heaven's Shadow #3)

by David S. Goyer, and Michael Cassutt

Hardcover, 432 pages

Published August 6th 2013 by Ace Hardcover

Shadow’s fall by David S. Goyer

David Goyer has made a name for himself for being involved in some of the most sucesscful movies of all time. He has made excellent movies as a screenwriter, director and a producer. He has written comics and TV. He knows how to tell a story. The first novel in this series was written during the writers strike and I personally think the quality of that book over the two follow-ups shows more focus.

Goyer’s partner Michael Cassutt is also a screenwriter after all. The first novel worked well and I liked it a lot. I was excited to read the second book. I liked it but found the ending to be a bit weak. I read this one almost just to feel I completed it. Frankly right now I want him focused on Constantine which i hope will totally rule.

The third book took me forever to finish. I found that I was drifting my attention to other books. The only reason I put my finger on was that the story was not clear to me. The adventure was not clear to me. What the Characters were doing was not clear to me. So if it seems like there is not much to this review that is why.

There is an interesting shift in the story going twenty year ahead in the story, extra terrestrials have taken over the earth, the humans who were taken by Keanu have returned. Etc. It is interesting concept but nothing in the execution captured my interest

Honestly I am not going to go deep here. I didn’t enjoy the book, yet I did really enjoy the first book.

No comments: